- Analyzes current and future city infrastructure needs, capacity growth needs, and develops improvement plans.
- Coordinates with other city departments, state, and federal agencies.
- Plans, directs, and oversees the activities and services provided by Public Works.
- Public Works Director and support staff.
- Reviews and recommends revisions to city ordinances, policies, and procedures.
of all city water and sanitary sewer lines.
Water and sewer also handles incoming phone calls, prepares work orders, and provides support for city residents and their concerns.
During weekdays, those experiencing sewer problems/backups or no water/water leaks, should call the Public Works office at 918-756-4159.
- After hours, on weekends, or on holidays call the Police Department at 918-756-3511.
- City crews are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Central Repair responsibilities include:
- Maintenance and repairs of fleet vehicles, equipment, and other city vehicles.
- Procurement actions for the supplies and equipment needed.
Tasks & Duties
- Maintenance is responsible for the servicing and maintenance of city parks, which includes:
- Routine mowing
- Trash removal
- Weed eating
- The maintenance of city buildings includes:
- Construction and general preventative maintenance
- Park and Building Maintenance and Traffic Control.
- Traffic Control is responsible for the:
- Crossing and center lines
- Removal/replacement of all traffic and street signs
- Traffic Control maintains and monitors all traffic signals, and assists with directing traffic when needed.
- Report a problem
- Responsible for the collection and removal of refuse (trash) for all citizens and businesses in the city.
- The sanitation trucks run from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Friday, except on holidays.
- Sanitation makes special collections as needed; bulky item pickups, managing the city's Recycling Center, and special recycling events when required.
- Request polycart repair or replace
- The maintenance, repair and improvements to the city-owned transportation infrastructure including all streets, alleys and other public ways.
- Stormwater management, which is the effort to reduce runoff of rainwater or melted snow into streets, lawns and other sites and the improvement of water quality.
- More information about Stormwater Management